In total, how many cars or vans are owned, or are available for use, by members of this household?
How do I answer this question?
Select one option only. If you have four or more cars or vans you should select the ‘4 or more’ option and then enter the number of cars or vans in the space provided.
What do I include?
- caravans and campervans
- pickups and minibuses
- cars or vans that are temporarily not working (as long as a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)* declaration has not been made for them)
Do not include:
- motorbikes, motorcycles or motorised scooters
- company cars that can only be used for work purposes
- vehicles with a SORN* declaration
- vehicles rented for a short period
- cars available through car clubs
- vehicles you are insured on but do not have day-to-day access to
- push bikes
Do I include work vehicles?
Only include these in your total if these are available for private use. For example, to visit friends, do the school run or shopping.
Why is this question asked?
The answers to this question are used for:
- assessing demand for public transport
- considering where new roads are needed, or where roads need improvements
- assisting in monitoring and planning for congestion
Who should answer this question?
The householder or joint householder should answer this question.