How many bedrooms are available for use only by this household?
How do I answer this question?
Include any rooms that are intended to be used as bedrooms.
- rooms that were intended to be bedrooms even if they are being used as something else, like a study
- bedsits or studio flats as one bedroom
Do not count:
- rooms that are used for sleeping, but are actually meant to be living rooms or dining rooms
- a bedroom that has been permanently converted, for example into a bathroom
If you are not sure how to answer, imagine you are selling the house: how many bedrooms would you advertise?
Why is this question asked?
We will use your answers to this question and others to identify areas where there is overcrowding.
The answers to all the accommodation questions help with:
- housing standards
- housing needs and planning
- planning and delivering services to your community
Who should answer this question?
The householder or joint householder should answer this question.